Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I went to the movies today

School hasn't started yet. I wasn't scheduled to work either of my part-time jobs today. So, I was able to take the time to see The Bourne Ultimatum this afternoon. As expected, it was an awesome action flick. I love the character of Jason Bourne - he's intelligent, resourceful, only kills when he has to, does his best to protect the innocent and he can kick some serious a$$. I won't spoil what happens in the movie, but I highly recommend it. And I might have found more reading I will want to do, too.

Anyhow, while sitting through the previews, a trailer came on for The Kingdom. I'm interested to see how they handle this "ripped from the headlines" story: a Western housing compound is attacked by terrorists, and an FBI team goes to investigate. Not having heard anything about this movie, I wonder if the writers will let the terrorists be actual Islamic militants. Only time will tell. The movie opens September 28th.

No comments: