Thursday, January 1, 2009

Observation...

I'm still up at 11pm on New Year's Day, even though I have to go to work in the morning. I'd been watching Bones, but when that went over, I switched over to Bridget Jones' Diary, a movie I own and have seen countless times, so I'm very familiar with the dialogue.

For anyone unfamiliar with the movie, it starts off with the heroine, Bridget Jones, home for Christmas, and her mother is attempting to set her up with a man who she'd known as a child, Mark, who is a barrister, and divorced. Bridget's mother tells about Mark's ex-wife. In the theatrical release, she is described as Japanese, which is a "cruel race". In Bravo's edit, they changed it to calling her a "cruel lady".

I also noticed, while composing this post, that as Bridget is working on a New Year's resolution, as she goes through the list of the types of men she will no longer involve herself with, "f*ckwit" is left off...

1/2/09, 12:05am

They ruined one of the best lines from the entire movie...  As Bridget is telling off her boss when she quits, instead of her saying if continuing to work there means being within a certain distance of her boss/former lover, she'd rather have a job "wiping Saddam Hussein's a$$", it was "washing Saddam Hussein's cars"...

No comments: