Monday, December 10, 2007

Citizen Soldier & 3 Doors Down

My youngest sister's birthday was last week. Since she was out of town, we had to wait until this past weekend to go out to celebrate. Before going to dinner Saturday evening, she wanted to see Fred Claus (which I thought was an entertaining movie, btw). Unlike the "old days", you get more than just the previews of coming attractions: you also get commercials. One commercial I thought was great. It was for the National Guard, and it was, in essence, a music video for 3 Doors Down's Citizen Soldier. Great video. It tells about what our Citizen Soldiers have done and continue to do:
  • I'll be there to help.
  • I fired the shot that started a nation.
  • I am an expert and a professional.
  • I stormed the beach at Normandy.
  • I comfort my neighbors.
  • I will always place the mission first.
  • I will never accept defeat.
  • I will never quit.
  • I will never leave a fallen comrade.
  • I stepped forward when the Towers fell.
  • We are free because of the brave.
I thought it was very inspirational. And it's a reminder to the rest of us what our Citizen Soldiers (and the rest of our active duty military) does for all of us.

No comments: