Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mystery Art


I love this print. I apologize for the weird shadows - it is not currently displayed to its best advantage... It was a gift to me (unframed) from my best friend. She purchased it on one of her trips to Germany before her dad finally retired for good and returned to the States. She doesn't know who the artist is, or what the name of this particular piece is, and I've never been able to find it anywhere on the internet. It took some checking around to find the right way to frame it. Usually, I do pretty well going into some place like Hobby Lobby and picking out a suitable frame and mat (or mats) to really make a piece look good. I wasn't so lucky this time, and the staff I dealt with at the chain store weren't offering any inspired suggestions. So, I went to a local framing shop, and this is what they helped me select. It cost a bit more than Hobby Lobby would have, but I was pleased from the beginning with how it turned out. Still, the name of both the piece and the artist remain a mystery to me. The only hints are the "G. H." in the lower right corner and the fact I know enough about art to recognize this was created with pastels. Can anyone tell me more about it?

No comments: