Monday, April 7, 2008

On hold...

When I recently finished reading A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, I went to B&N and bought Watership Down by Richard Adams, as several of the bloggers/commenters I read had highly recommended the book, especially its illustrations of leadership. I'm still early into that, but today, this arrived in the mail:


So, Watership Down will be placed on hold while I read Michael Yon's Moment of Truth in Iraq: How a New 'Greatest Generation' of American Soldiers Is Turning Defeat and Disaster into Victory and Hope. I expect it won't take long to get back to Watership Down and the writing will be just as edge-of-your-seat as his dispatches from the frontlines...

Update 4/9/08, 11:34pm:

Well, that didn't take too long - I finished it maybe 30-45 minutes ago... An excellent read, and I think the timing of the release of this book couldn't have been better. The message Yon leaves off with at the end just reinforces, in my opinion, what we heard from General Petraeus yesterday (I've not been able to follow up with today's testimony yet). I cannot more highly recommend this book. I've passed the book along to my father to read. It's baseball season, so in between grading papers, holding practice and being at games, I hope he gets to it soon!

No comments: