Saturday, July 19, 2008

P.S. I Love You

I don't recall hearing about this movie when it came out last December, but I had see it at the video store, but never brought it home to watch. Recently, Lyric Mezzo commented that she'd seen it, and that I'd really enjoy it. So, when I decided to run out for some movies to watch this weekend (I've got the house all to myself all weekend), that was one of the three movies I picked out, and the one I watched last night.

All I knew about the story was what was on the DVD jacket: "P.S. I Love You is your very own message full of fun, love, triumph and romance." What I didn't know is that shortly after we met Holly (Hillary Swank) and Gerry (Gerard Butler) at the beginning of the movie, we are at Gerry's wake. The rest of the movie revisits Holly & Gerry's life together, and Holly's journey to learning to live again after losing the husband she loved deeply. I can only hope that some day I will love and be loved that way...

This movie made me both laugh and cry. It's probably more of a "chic flick", I'll admit. Watching the "Special Features", I learned the movie was based on the book of the same title by a young Irish author by the name of Cecelia Ahern. I might have to see about reading the book.

Anyhow, I highly recommend this movie (rated PG-13: there's no actual sex scenes, though it is implied at times, and you see one bare arse, once), especially if you're in a bit of a sappy mood ;-)

No comments: