Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving 2008

As I get ready to celebrate out at my Grandma's house this afternoon (Dad has cooked the turkey and is working on the cornbread dressing, and I've taken care of a couple of chocolate pies, and everyone else will contribute some dish or other to the feast), I would like to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. I know things aren't as I would wish them to be at this time, but I try to remember that things could be worse. Even though there is much I would like to be different in my life and in the world, I still have much to be thankful for: a roof over my head, food on the table, family and friends whom I love - and love me, and I am a citizen of the best nation in the history of the world.

I would also like to thank all those who serve - or have served - who help make the life I have possible. No matter where you are in the world today, know that many Americans - this one included - appreciate all the sacrifices you have been willing to make for the rest of us.

For a bit of history, The Lost Story of Thanksgiving.

No comments: