Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Virtual Veterans' Day Parade

From CJ @ A Soldier's Perspective:

Just a reminder for those that have signed on to participate. The cutoff for sending me your images or ideas is November 4th! If you or a fellow milblogger want to participate, I just need three things: the name you'd like us to use, a "float" (basically an image associated with either your blog or your feelings about Veterans Day), and a brief description of what Veteran's Day means to you. If you don't have an image, we can try to create one for you. Just send us an idea of what you're thinking about. The Virtual Veterans Day will be composed of a scrolling images or floats along with your names, blogs, and thoughts on Veterans Day. I've only got about 14 participants right now, which means only $280 for Valour-IT. I'm sure we could do much better than that. I still need some info from a few of you, which I'll remind through email.

veterans day

Greetings fellow milbloggers and assorted opiners of liberty!! For those that don't know me, you haven't had your head in the sewage much and I applaud you for it. For those that do, I apologize again. I write this to ask for your help in arranging a virtual Veterans Day Parade that will be hosted on the YouServed blog and I would like to enlist your help (yes, even if you are/were commissioned, you're being enlisted for THIS cause!).

Here's what I need from you. First, of course, is participation. This hasn't been done before and if we pull this off I may have a shot at being the next writer for Blackfive during the upcoming television series "So You Think You Can Blog For Blackfive"!!

We'd like to get at least 30 participants for the "parade", but the more the merrier. For every participant I can get, the VA Mortgage Center will donate $20 to VALOUR-IT. That's right, for EACH participant.

Second, I need you to contact other milbloggers and ask for their participation. For blogs like ASP, Mudville Gazette, and Blackfive where there are multiple authors, each participant will count as a separate person for this purpose.

Finally, I need each milblogger to provide the following information:

Name or screenname
Blog URL
Character "float" you'd be and why you picked it (for example: Snoopy because he was the Red Baron - a veteran like no other!!)
Personal thoughts about Veterans Day.

You can either send me the picture you'd like to use for your float or we can make one to use. The picture can be something you create or just an image you like that reminds you of Veterans Day and speaks to your "float". Please forward this post to your favorite milbloggers and have them contact me if they're interested. Share this on YOUR blogs and snatch this up into emails to milbloggers as well. The deadline for this is November 4th - one week prior to Veteran's Day.

No comments: